205 Countries are participating in this Olympics from all over the world.
This time India has managed to qualify many no of players .
The Indian government plans to spend over Rs. 2500 million in preparing for the games, including around Rs. 200 million on foreign coaches for various events.
lets have a look at them
ArcheryIndia has so far 4 archers qualified for London Olympics 2012 - 3 in women's recurve and 1 in men's recurve.
- Women's Individual Event (3) - Laishram Bombayla Devi, Deepika Kumari and Chekrovolu Swuro
- Women's Recurve Team Event (1) - Laishram Bombayla Devi, Deepika Kumari and Chekrovolu Swuro
- Men's Individual event (1) - Jayanta Talukdar
Athletics10 Indian athletes have so far achieved qualifying standards in the following athletics events (up to a maximum of 3 athletes in each event at the 'A' Standard, and 1 at the 'B' Standard):
- Qualified three (or more) athletes at the A standard
- Qualified two athletes at the A standard
- Men's 20 km race walk - Gurmeet Singh, Baljinder Singh
- Women's discus throw - Krishna Poonia, Seema Antil
- Qualified one athlete at the A standard
- Men's discus throw -Vikas Gowda
- Qualified one (or more) athletes at the B standard
- Men's shot put - Om Prakash Karhana
- Women's 800m - Tintu Luka
- Men's triple jump - Renjith Maheshwary
- Women's triple jump - Mayookha Johny
- Men's marathon - Ram Singh Yadav
BadmintonIndia has earned 5 quotas in Badminton.
- Women's Singles - Saina Nehwal
- Men's Singles - Parupalli Kashyap
- Mixed Doubles - Jwala Gutta, Valiyaveetil Diju
- Women's Doubles - Jwala Gutta, Ashwini Ponnappa
BoxingIndia has earned 7 quotas in boxing
- Men's Light Flyweight (49 Kg) - Devendro Singh
- Men's Bantamweight (56 Kg) - Shiva Thapa
- Men's Lightweight (60 Kg) - Jai Bhagwan
- Men's Light Welterweight (64 Kg) - Manoj Kumar
- Men's Welterweight (69 Kg) - Vikas Krishan Yadav
- Men's Middleweight (75 Kg) - Vijender Singh
- Men's Light Heavyweight (81 kg) - Sumit Sangwan
Field HockeyThe India national field hockey team (16 member team) on 26 February 2012, qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics after winning a qualifying tournament against France with a score of 8 – 1.India stands in Pool B of the men's competion.
JudoIndia has earned 1 quota in judo
- Women's 63 kg - Garima Chaudhary
RowingIndia has qualified 2 boat with up to 3 athletes.
- Men's Single Sculls
- Lightweight Men's Double Sculls
ShootingIndia has earned 11 quotas in shooting events.
- Men's 50 m rifle 3 position - Sanjeev Rajput, Gagan Narang
- Men's 50 m rifle prone - Gagan Narang, Joydeep Karmakar
- Men's 10 m air rifle - Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang
- Men's 25 m rapid fire pistol - Vijay Kumar
- Men's double trap - Ronjan Sodhi
- Men's trap - Manavjit Singh Sandhu
- Women's 25 m pistol - Rahi Sarnobat, Annuraj Singh
- Women's 10 m air pistol - Annuraj Singh, Heena Sidhu
- Women's trap - Shagun Chowdhury
Swimming4 Indian swimmers have so far achieved qualifying standards in the following events (up to a maximum of 2 swimmers in each event at the Olympic Qualifying Time (OQT), and 1 at the Olympic Selection Time (OST)):
- Two (or more) swimmers have achieved the Olympic Qualifying Time
- One swimmer has achieved the Olympic Qualifying Time
- One (or more) swimmers have achieved the Olympic Selection Time
- Men's 100 m freestyle - Virdhawal Khade
- Men's 100 m breaststroke - Sandeep Sejwal
- Men's 200 m freestyle - Aaron D'Souza or Virdhawal Khade
- Men's 200 m breaststroke - Sandeep Sejwal
- Men's 1500 m freestyle - Saurabh Sangvekar
Table TennisIndia has won 2 quotas in Table Tennis.
- Men's Singles - Soumyajit Ghosh
- Women's singles - Ankita Das
WeightliftingIndia has won 2 quotas in Weightlifting.
- Men's 69 kg - Katulu Ravi Kumar
- Women's 48 kg - Ngangbam Soniya Chanu
India has won 5 quotas in the following events.
- Men's freestyle -55 kg - quota won by Amit Kumar
- Men's freestyle -60 kg - quota won by Yogeshwar Dutt
- Men's freestyle -66 kg - quota won by Sushil Kumar
- Men's freestyle -74 kg - quota won by Narsingh Pancham Yadav
- Women's freestyle -55 kg - quota won by Geeta Phogat